Women In Leadership Summit & Exhibition 2016
One of the main aims of the United Nations’ (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is to achieve gender equality and empowerment of women. Approximately half of the world population and our human capital comprise of women but their contribution to the Global GDP is merely 37%. Hypothetically, if women and men become equals in the marketplace, our annual global GDP by 2025 could increase by an additional USD28 trillion!
Prime Minister Najib is supportive of this view, and has said that harnessing the talent and energy of women as equal partners is crucial to building the high-income and high-productivity economy that we desire. The 11th Malaysia Plan echoes Agenda 2030 in its aim towards sustainable and inclusive development. This commitment and its accompanying challenges require integrated solutions. The Malaysian government is partnering with the private sector, civil society, academia and other groups towards this end through various agencies and initiatives.
ASLI is fully committed to supporting Agenda 2030 and the Malaysian government’s initiatives in this respect. The purpose of this Women in Leadership Summit & Exhibition is to add greater value to existing initiatives by enhancing the breadth and depth of conversations and seeking integrated solutions to advance women’s leadership, influence and impact by empowering them in accordance with Goal 5 of the SDG.
“Gender balance isn’t a women’s issue. It’s a core business issue that’s relevant to any company wanting to be successful in today’s market” – Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP
“Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence” – Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
Who Should Attend
- Board of Directors
- C-Level Executives and Business Owners
- Mid to Senior Level Managers
- Government Officials
- Non-Governmental Organisations and Non-Profit Organisations
- Aspiring Female Executives and Students
- Get an overall view of the women leadership agenda in respect of Agenda 2030 with comprehensive viewpoints from public service, civil society, media and academia to complement the business and economic viewpoints
- Engage first-hand with women leaders cum influencers for first-hand tips on thriving and succeeding amidst challenges
- Learn how to succeed in business and management while keeping your personal life in good shape
- Understand how to gain assistance and support from male bosses and colleagues to further the female leadership agenda
- Learn to enhance your capabilities to lead, influence and grow, and to chart your own road-map for progress and success
- Strategise on how women can make a difference in your organisation and society
- Build your network and support group with exclusive access to prominent speakers and fellow delegates passionate on driving the women leadership agenda