The 19th Malaysian Banking Summit
The Malaysian Banking Summit is an annual high level conference to feel the pulse of the banking sector – the lifeblood of the nation’s business community. The Summit also enables participants to discuss and evaluate key challenges, trends and opportunities in the Banking & Finance Industry. The Summit provides useful insights into the thinking of the Captains of the Banking Industry as well as provide a timely platform for exchange of ideas, industry updates and knowledge for banking and finance professionals.
The Malaysian economy chalked up an impressive 6% growth rate amidst global uncertainties last year. The economy is projected to grow at a healthy 5% this year. This economic robustness coupled with Bank Negara’s effective prudential oversight and industry compliance has made the Malaysian banking industry a solid consistent performer. Regular stress tests have borne up the healthy financial state of Malaysian banks. This year the banking sector will face new challenges with the impact of cooling measures that may result in slower loans growth as well as possible higher loan provisioning. The dawn of the ASEAN Economic Community including ASEAN regional financial integration will present new challenges and opportunities to the Malaysian banking sector.
The 2015 Malaysian Banking Summit will provide participants with timely updates and leadership conversations with leading players in the industry. It will facilitate healthy exchange of views among bankers, entrepreneurs and regulators.
This year the 11th Malaysia Plan will be launched charting the economic development for the nation over the next 5 years. How will banks respond to the 11th Malaysia Plan and what opportunities are available for the banking sector with the 11th Malaysia Plan roll-out? What is the state of Malaysian banks? How can banks become more competitive and efficient? What will drive growth of banking services? These and many other questions will be deliberated at the 19th Malaysian Banking Summit.
- Banking CEO Roundtable: Banking Leadership in a Challenging and Competitive Environment
- The ASEAN Challenge and Regional Banking Integration
- Driving Investment Banking: What Next? What’s New?
- Future of Islamic Banking: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Promoting E-payments and Internet Banking: The Wave of the Future
- Technology and Its Strategic Role in Banking – The Game Changer
- Consumer Banking & Credit Cards: Trends and Opportunities
- Nurturing and Growing Talent and Human Capital in Banks
- Overcoming Banking Fraud & Risk Management