The 17th National Human Resources Summit
In the Global Competitiveness Index 2015-2016 published by the World Economic Forum, Malaysia ranked 36th out of 140 countries in terms of higher education and training. Amongst the problematic factors for doing business highlighted were insufficient capacity to innovate, inadequately educated workforce, poor work ethic in the labour force as well as restrictive labour regulations. For Malaysia to become a high income nation, the World Bank noted that it would need to accelerate the implementation of productivity-enhancing reforms to increase its human capital’s quality.
HR’s perspective must evolve from being ‘Human Capital/Talent’-centric to being ‘Employee Experience’-centric in order to address those shortcomings and build a collaborative, empowered and innovative workforce. Relationships will be key rather than programmes or processes. In other words, we need to refocus on the human side of business.
The 17th National Human Resources Summit brings together HR professionals and representatives as well as other stakeholders to review the nation’s changing HR landscape to work towards overcoming the problems identified, and to meet the present and future workforce needs of organisations individually as well as the nation collectively.
Who Should Attend?
- HR Professionals (Heads, Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Team Leads, Consultants, Analysts)
- HR Representatives (Professional Bodies, Unions, Agencies)
- Other Professionals (IT, Legal, Finance)
- Industry Captains (Chairmen, Presidents, Chief Executive Officers, Managing Directors)
- Small and Medium Enterprises’ Owners
- Senior Government Officials
- Educators (Coaches, Trainers, Colleges, Universities, Technical and Vocational Institutions)
- Receive insights on key trends and disruptions in the HR landscape that interplay to impact the entire spectrum of recruiting, growing and engaging, as well as retaining talents
- Learn to relate those trends and disruptions to your organisation to place it on the right track moving forward
- Get expert tips on aligning HR strategies to your organisation’s corporate strategies to produce measurable results
- Be exposed to best practices in customising various learning and development options into a win-win proposition for your organisation and its people
- Gain clearer understanding on utilising total reward to manage organisational performance and bottom-line
- Benefit from a hands-on workshop on positive psychology to make working life more positive and engaging
- Opportunity to broaden your network within the HR industry and across industries as well as with policymakers, senior executives, business owners and academia