Malaysia’s bilateral relations with Britain have grown from strength-to-strength with several high-level visits recently. At the same time, Malaysia’s economic transformation remains largely on track as proven by its rise in several global rankings. The country was recently ranked 8th in terms of competitiveness in the area of government efficiency by the World Economic Forum and 18th in terms of ease of doing business by the World Bank. Malaysia’s economy is moving along well following a robust 1st Quarter growth of 5.6%.
The Malaysia-UK Forum seeks to build on this strong bilateral relationship with Britain in light of Malaysia’s growing regional and global role. It will update British investors and the Malaysian Diaspora in the UK on the latest developments in Malaysia, as well as business and investment opportunities arising from the 11th Malaysia Plan and the Economic Transformation Programme.
The forum will provide insights and information on Malaysia, covering key economic sectors as well as strategic political and social issues impacting the business environment. It will assess future challenges, identify prospects and trends as well as provide answers to questions about the future of Malaysia. In addition, the forum will explore ideas and promote exchange of views on how to further deepen and expand the bilateral relationship with Britain taking into consideration the many challenges and opportunities facing Malaysia in the foreseeable future.
- Industry Captains
- Entrepreneurs and SME Owners
- Investors, Bankers and Analysts
- Senior Government Officials
- Malaysian Diaspora
- Academics and Students
- Gain insights and information on key economic sectors as well as strategic political and social issues impacting the business environment in Malaysia
- Be exposed to timely assessments by highly experienced captains of industry and senior government leaders concerning the challenges, prospects and trends that will shape the future of Malaysia
- Get answers to important questions on the future direction of Malaysia from solid sources
- Learn how you can actively take part in shaping the future of Malaysia and play a role in expanding the bilateral relationship with Britain
- Benefit from high-level networking opportunities to explore new partnerships and strengthen existing collaborations