BFA Energy, Resources and Sustainable Development Conference
The BFA Energy, Resources & Sustainable Development Conference is one of the two major conferences of the Boao Forum for Asia outside its flagship Annual Conference each spring in Boao, Hainan, China. The Conference has been held in Perth, Australia and Seattle, United States, where the conference came up with a number of important initiatives such as a platform of dialogue among major energy suppliers and consumers and more sustainable ways of energy consumption. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, for example, which will soon come into being, was originally an idea made at the Perth Conference back in July 2011.
The global energy and resource landscape has undergone significant changes in the past few years, with profound implications for major consuming and supplying nations. The Kuala Lumpur Conference this year is intended to bring together the best minds in the industry to explore alongside government leaders and experts innovative and forward looking solutions to the challenges that we are facing today.
Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) is the first non-governmental and non-profit international organization headquartered in China. BFA is committed to promoting Asian economic integration and bringing
Asian countries even closer to their development goals. As the premier forum for Asia and emerging markets, BFA provides a key platform for global leaders in government, business, media and academia to explore the most pressing issues in this dynamic region and the world at large."
Keynote Speakers :
• H.E. Zeng Peiyan, Former Vice Premier of China / Vice Chairman of Boao Forum for Asia
• H.E. Tun Abdullah bin Haji Ahmad Badawi, Former Prime Minister of Malaysia
Confirmed Role-Players :
• Mr. Zhou Wenzhong, Secretary General, Boao Forum for Asia
• Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew, Founder, Country Heights Holdings Berhad (CHHB)
• Tan Sri Michael Yeoh, CEO & Director, Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute (ASLI)
• Dato’ Sri David Yeat, Chairman, GD Development Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
• Mr. Han Wenke, Director, Energy Research Institute (ERI) under NDRC
• Mr. Wu Xinxiong, Former Minister, China National Energy Administration
• Mr. Andrew Forrest, Chairman, FMG
• Mr. Lim Boon Heng, Chairman, Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited
• Mr. John Gilleland, CEO, Terrapower, China
• Mr. Li Runsheng, Chairman, China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation
• Prof. He Jiankun, Director of Low Carbon Economy Lab, Tsinghua University
• Mr Neil McGregor, Senior Managing Director, Enterprise Development Group, Temasek
More information : http://english.boaoforum.org/2015mlxyhq/19637.jhtml