3rd Sarawak Business & Investment Summit
Sarawak is the largest state but only the third largest economy in Malaysia, contributing approximately 10% of national growth. The state government has launched a long-term development plan (SETP or Sarawak Socio-Economic Transformation Programme) and allocated close to ¾ of its annual budget for development in order to sustain economic growth and narrow the rural-urban development gap to propel the state towards its goal of becoming a high income state by 2020.
Sarawak’s economy is expected to grow at 4% this year, with growth of public and private investment anticipated at 3.3% and 6.8% respectively. A critical area of focus is the development of human capital to become the principal driver of growth, supporting the state’s move into services, greater value-added manufacturing and knowledge/capital intensive agriculture.
The 3rd Sarawak Business and Investment Summit will be a timely platform to review the state government’s strategic direction, fresh from its newly received mandate to lead the state in its final push towards becoming a high income state. This summit aims to provide up-to-date business and investment outlook to help industry captains, entrepreneurs and regulators reassess their plans in the near and medium terms to achieve their respective business goals and the state’s lofty ambition. Key areas to be covered include human capital, infrastructure and connectivity, energy, manufacturing, agriculture and tourism.
Who Should Attend?
- Industry Captains (Chairmen, Presidents, Board of Directors, CEOs, MDs)
- Industry Players and Entrepreneurs
- Senior Government Officials
- Investors, Analysts, Economists, Researchers and Consultants
- Anyone interested in business and investment opportunities in Sarawak
- Gain insights on business and investment opportunities and challenges in Sarawak particularly in the areas of human capital, infrastructure and connectivity, energy, manufacturing, agriculture and tourism to assist in your organisation’s strategic planning
- Learn from industry experts on the critical things in key areas to look out for as Sarawak progresses toward its goal of becoming a high-income state
- Participate in the premier platform to voice your concerns to key policymakers and play a role in shaping the economic future of Sarawak
- Take advantage of unique opportunities to broaden your network and form partnerships